The Lake Shastina Community Services District (LSCSD) is seeking a with a strong commitment to excellent customer service. LSCSD is the provider of water supply and distribution, sewage collection and treatment, and police and fire protection to approximately 3800 properties. Situated at the base of majestic Mt. Shasta, Lake Shastina is located in a region of diverse and spectacular scenic beauty, with ample year-round recreational opportunities.
In order to effectively lead and manage the District, the successful candidate will need to possess:
- A commitment to excellent customer service to the customers of the District.
- A strong working knowledge of water and wastewater system operations.
- Familiarity with the administration of Police and Fire Departments.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, ordinances, and legislative processes governing the District.
- The ability to plan, organize, coordinate and direct the work of staff to achieve efficient operations.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Labor relations and human resources skills practiced in a unionized work force environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work cooperatively, and effectively, with an elected Board of Directors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent in public agency management experience and education. An advanced degree is desirable.
- Experience: 5 or more years of increasingly responsible management experience in a public agency, including significant supervisory responsibilities.
- Compensation and Benefits: Salary and benefits are negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
See below for job description and application. Filing Date is open until filled with initial application review to begin on November 15, 2017.
Lake Shastina Community Services District Police Department is currently accepting applications to establish eligibility lists for 1) police officers, full-time, part-time / extra help and 2) volunteer reserve officers.
Police officers investigate crimes, make arrests, patrol the community to make them safer, work with community relations, mediate disputes, investigate traffic collisions and provide general police services. Officer may be assigned additional duties including animal control, vehicle maintenance, facilities maintenance or other tasks.
Full-time Officers work a 40 hour regular work week with a Salary Range $16.94-$20.59 per hour, DOE plus Medical, Dental, Vision coverage and retirement contribution. In addition officers scheduled on-call shifts are paid at current minimum wage per hour.
Part-time/extra help Officers work approximately 950 hours per year with a Salary Range $16.94-$20.59 per hour, DOE and do not receive benefits, except those required by law.
The Lake Shastina Community Services District Police Department is a non PERS (Public Employees Retirement System) Employer. Applicants must be US Citizen, over 21 years of age and possess a valid California driver’s license and must provide proof of completion of a California POST Basic Academy. POST Basic Certificate and prior full-time law enforcement experience is preferred. Application and additional information available below or by contacting the Lake Shastina Community Services District office at (530) 938-3281.